Friday, June 3, 2016

"Crusty Crab", Coastal Painting by Leada Wood, Texas Artist



Leada Wood, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Collage



"Crusty Crab" by Leada Wood©2016


Art takes you places and all this rain in Texas has me dreaming of sunny days at the beach. Don't get me wrong, after ten years of drought we Texans are very thankful that our rivers are running and lakes are filling up. The state is lush and green and cattle are grazing again. Not complaining just letting my mind wander...thinking of summer fun... like crabbing, fishing and swimming.

Art is more than a hobby, it is a way of life, a different way of seeing things. I am an observer and life inspires me. I endeavor to capture a moment in time, to express an emotion, to dream aloud on paper or canvas. I am not trying for photo realism, but to capture the essence of the subject with a painterly feel.

I guess you wonder what a west Texas gal has in common with crabs? Our family loves to go crabbing when we are at the beach...sometimes with a net and sometimes just observing them. I think they are pretty cute...God certainly has a sense of humor...don't you think?

"Crusty Crab" is interpreted in transparent watercolor. He would look so cute at a beach or lake house. Prints are available, just contact me. Thanks for stopping by! 


No comments: