Saturday, September 10, 2016

Mixed Media Gals, Contemporary Figure Art by Leada Wood, Texas Artist


Fun Weekend at Studio 20. Busy week so I decided it was play time! It is always a pleasure to just play with paint and not have an agenda...to go with the flow and see where the painting takes you.





What a wonderful diversion to smear paint around and make a color field painting...sometimes they turn out and sometimes they don't.  It's only paper and you can always use it for collage or gesso over it. I am a big believer in repurposing.






I decided to take it to the next level, so I drew free hand with gesso and a brush trying to keep it transparent enough so that the under painting would show through. I could have stopped there but nooooo.....I was having too much fun!






I brought her to completion with pan pastels, chalk paint pen, black fine tip pen, Tombow pens and a water brush. She is really a mixed media gal! It was a fun experiment and I want to do some more. Why don't you give it a try?


No comments: