Friday, November 25, 2016

Value Sketches, Watercolor Studies, Figure Painting by Leada Wood, Texas Artist


I saw this young lady blowing bubbles straight from her hand at a Renaissance Faire in Houston. The ambience of the faire was magical as it transported you back into time. Folks were decked out in their finest costumes and everything was decorated for Christmas. The colors, smells, sounds and sights were inspirational for me. 

"Fairy Bubbles" ©Leada Wood 2016



This is a color study of the Fairy in watercolor. Still trying to capture the light and magical feel of the scene.

I thought I would show you a little of what goes on while I am planning a figure painting. When you do small studies you don't have much time invested but it gives you an idea of where the painting could go. I really like the fourth color study the best and already have another one drawn on watercolor paper. It's difficult to capture the light and feeling of a place but that is one part of the challenge of painting that I love.




"Every possibility begins with the courage to imagine"





No comments: