Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Mixed Media, Working In A Series, by Leada Wood, Texas Artist

"Love" by Leada Wood©2017

Working in a series

Happy Valentines Day! What better way to make Valentines than with Mixed Media. I like working in a series and with Mixed Media so it is a win-win situation. They may not all turn out exactly as you would like but working in a series makes them not as precious so you are free to play. I am working small and have started with a lot of cards. Incorporating collage, stamping, water soluble crayons, acrylics, intense pencils and stencils so far. These are still in process and the more layers the better! I also clean my brushes and stamps on extra paper or in a sketchbook so that I have collage material or a background for my art journal. Repurposing is always better than creating more garbage.

 "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage".

No comments: