Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentine!s Day! By Leada Wood, Texas Artist


Valentine’s Day is in the air and that means a lot of folks are thinking about love. What does love mean to you? To me it means putting others before myself, to love them unconditionally, to overlook their wrongs and to be there for them...love is kind.




This "Joyful Heart" series was started when my granddaughter washed her bible with her bedsheets. She thought of me and how I recycle papers into art and gave me the remains. I patiently ironed the delicate sheets flat again and adhered them to small canvases and created a new thing with the pages as the background. The hearts are from my Gelli prints as I put my heart into all my work. While I work I use the time for meditation and prayer, giving glory to God who created everything. Each one is different just as each person is unique. We are created to be this person at this time in history so let your light shine and be joyful for the life you were given!



I think 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 says it best.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. 
1 Corinthians 13:4-8  

Wishing you the all the best that love really is....



No comments: