Tuesday, September 29, 2015

30 Paintings In 30 Days By Leada Wood, Texas Artist


Leada Wood, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Watercolor

 

"Spartan" by Leada Wood ©2015
                           
Day 29 of the 30-30 challenge

I always thought my granddaughters would be ballerinas and some of them were for a season or two...but something happened and some became Warrior Women...Martial Arts caught their interest. They are earning their belts and their eyes are on the prize...the black belt.

I used a lot of symbolism in this painting. The symbol in the corner is Kanji for believe. The color red is symbolic for speed, strength, power, the golden hues represent energy and balance, black is symbolic for power and Spartan means disciplined, brave, undaunted. I think that pretty much sums up my little Warrior Women.

No comments: