Monday, September 28, 2015

30 Paintings In 30 Days By Leada Wood, Texas Artist


Leada Wood, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Collage



"Georgia On My Mind" by Leada Wood©2015
 
Day 28 Of the 30-30 challenge

Today it was back to transparent watercolor and flowers. I stay pretty traditional with transparent watercolor in that I don't use white paint, it's an illusion when I paint a white flower or object. The whitest white is actually the paper and very watered down glazes help form the shape and give it value.

Moon flowers always remind me of my Grandma and Mom. They always had them growing in their gardens and the flowers  bloom at night and are very fragrant. 

I was thinking about the Super Moon all day yesterday when I did the drawing and painting, maybe that was the inspiration for the painting. We  watched the eclipse until it was total and too chilly to sit outside, even with a blanket. It was amazing!




No comments: