Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Painting 3D by Leada Wood, Texas Artist



Leada Wood, Watercolor, Mixed Media, Collage


There is still time to see the exciting group show at the Heritage Museum where artists have completed unusual works of art in the 3rd dimension.  Thinking outside of the box helps sharpens the edge on creativity and gets your mojo going...and it is a challenge painting on a not so flat surface.



Leada Wood, Copyright 2016

This is a whimsical small table I painted embracing my vivid palette for the exhibit.








I upcycled an old bottomless chair and fashioned it into a plant stand. I used chicken wire and beads I had lying around waiting to be used in this project. The butterfly was rescued from a broken wind chime.





I am a collector of things...treasures...at least in the eye of this beholder.  I can usually see the beauty in something broken and think how it might be recreated into something new...repurposed...destined for a new life. Kind of like us humans, isn't it?



"It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see."  ---- Henry David Thoreau



No comments: