Friday, June 30, 2017

"Poire", Watercolor by Leada Wood, Texas Artist



"Poire" ©2017 Leada Wood

It must be the heat, keeping me indoors making me restless,so I headed to my studio to try some new techniques in watercolor. I used Arches 140# and drew a simple composition. I then decided to add Unyru paper bits here and there to give some texture and interest to the composition. When the collage was dry I painted the pears transparently with watercolor. Then I divided up the background and went in with dark complimentary colors, wet on wet. While this was still damp I used a stencil and sanded a watercolor pencil over it, misting it to activate the specks of color. It was a fun experiment mixing media in watercolor and I am pleased with the mystery and drama it gives to the painting. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: