Friday, January 11, 2019

January Challenge by Leada Wood, Texas Artist


Day 11of the 30 objects in 30 days challenge. Hard to believe Charles Schulz created the beloved comic strip Peanuts in 1950, and he entertained us all those years with his characters. Snoopy was the beloved beagle of Charlie Brown and is more recognizable than any other of the characters in the comic strip. The original drawing was inspired by Schulz's childhood dog, Spike.



"SNOOPY"  ©2019 Leada Wood


 The lovable beagle has been around all my life and has amused many generations with his comical antics. His happy attitude has always brought a smile to my face. His little buddy Woodstock was another favorite. What a legacy Schulz created with his cartoon adventures of Peanuts and the gang.






This little guy, from my toy collection is what inspired me to paint Snoopy. He made me smile and I hope he brought a little happiness your way today as well.
 After all "Happiness is a warm puppy."--Lucy



No comments: