Friday, June 27, 2014

Fresh And Loose, by Leada Wood, Texas Artist



This is what was on my gator board today. I wanted to sketch a blue hydrangea with watercolor pencils and then paint as loosely as I could without overworking it and adding too much detail.


I use a possum palette from Cheap Joes, and it keeps my paints nice and juicy. Sometimes I do add a little water, but they never dry up and crack like some palettes I have used. There are individual cups with lids for your paints. I also enjoy the three separate mixing wells, and it has a carrying sleeve that the whole palette fits into. Makes traveling with that palette a whole lot easier. Sweet!


Here is a close up. I just let the color mingle and mix on the paper...and let the paint do its magic.



Here is the final version...fresh transparent watercolor. Still in love with them after all these years!
 Have a great weekend!



No comments: