Monday, December 31, 2018

January Challenge, by Leada Wood, Texas Artist






Nothing says new year like starting with a challenge! Painting 30 paintings in 30 days is exhilarating ...kind of like running a marathon only with a paintbrush. I decided I would get my backgrounds ready with a layer of gesso and acrylic paint applied to flash cards. It is allowed and I also have been gathering objects I might want to paint. Just because these are small doesn’t meant they take less time or aren’t as much of a challenge. Sometimes painting smaller is more difficult. These probably won’t be masterpieces but fun little exercises to get my creative juices going for 2019. 
Wishing you new experiences and a healthy, happy new year!

“And now we welcome the new year, full of things that have never been” -Rainer Maria Rilke

No comments: