Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Fun In The Studio, by Leada Wood, Texas Artist





You never know what the day will bring when creative minds get together. My dear friend Sue and I had a play day planned in my studio. I told her to bring her favorite rusty finds and we would do assemblage on a muffin tin but then we had a better idea, make faces on Matt board. She had done 
these before but I was a total newbie.








This is my first little assemblage. I love his crooked smile! These little guys are so liberating and relaxing to do and they make me giggle with their expressive faces. 







I decided my muffin tin was better suited for holding all my rusty parts. I already had a slight problem with saving old coupons and paper bits for collage, but now I have added a new addiction of saving rusty things. I imagine if you make something out of your found things it's recycling...right?





I recycled pieces of matt board that were too small for most of my paintings and cut them into 5x7 and 6x6 pieces. I used some of my old paper on this one and I like the way it turned out. These are just plain fun and I am using materials that are cast away and recycling them into art pieces. I think it's a wonderful combination! 


Be flexible... be open...be patient. Life has its rhythm and there is nothing you can do but dance with it.






1 comment:

iHanna said...

These are very cool Leada! Would make fun postcards too! ;-)