Saturday, February 12, 2022

Drawn Into Life by Leada Wood

I love drawing and nothing gives me more pleasure than drawing animals, especially dogs. They draw me in, relax me and put me into my happy place. I start with their eyes and if I cannot get that soulful look I start over. Lately I have been doing commissions, trying to capture the beloved pups who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.  Very difficult, working from not so great photos, hope against hope that I can capture their spirit and bring joy to the owner. I thought I would share a few with you.

 
 



“Stewart” graphite by Leada Wood
 


“Josie” graphite by Leada Wood




“Montana” graphite by Leada Wood




“Mollie” graphite by Leada Wood





“Foxxy” graphite by Leada Wood


To all the dogs I’ve loved before, who traveled in and out my door. I’m glad they came along, I dedicate this blog to all the dogs I’ve loved before.


No comments: