Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Leave A Little Sparkle by Leada Wood

Leave a little sparkle wherever you go is one of my favorite quotes. When I think of Averi I think of her sparkle. She has a smile that just lights up the room and I wanted to try to capture some of her glow in this portrait.  I asked her to pose a certain way for me and her Mom took many photos while her Dad held a spot light so it was truly a family affair getting photographs for me. Thanks to all of you! Don’t you just love technology…sometime?
This is an impressionistic portrait not a photograph or hyper-realism. I could never paint her as beautiful as God created her but it was sure fun trying to capture her likeness. I hope we created a good memory for her to look back upon. 



“Leave A Little Sparkle”
By Leada Wood Copyright
Acrylic





Getting closer to the finish line but not quite there yet.




Laying in some more of the shadows.



Starting to define shadows.




Laying in the base coats of paint, and I decided to extend the gold some more.




Beginning to lay in the flesh tones and hair.




Tracing the charcoal lines with acrylic paint to begin exploring my subject. 

Thank you for taking the time to read my post❤️ I hope you enjoyed hearing my story and seeing a few of the steps in my process.

“A heart is not judged by how much you love but by how much you are loved by others.”
                                                            —-Tin Man




 
 


No comments: