Saturday, January 25, 2014

Beautiful Butterfly by Leada Wood, Texas Artist


Day 25 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge

As I was painting this butterfly I was thinking of all the stages it must go through before it can fly. That in turn reminded me of all my beautiful grand daughters and how they are morphing into little women right before my eyes! Funny how we have to go through life stages as well in order to spread our wings and fly.

Metamorphosis is the magic that the butterfly teaches us. Changes insure our growth and we must struggle to shed the old before we can become new. A butterfly will only emerge when the conditions are favorable. The same things happen in our life... things unfold adoring to a plan. That is the force of creation...we are always changing. Hopefully for the better! Growth and change can be joyful or sometimes painful.  The butterfly reminds us of the never ending cycle of life.  It is only working through these stages that we emerge as the person we are to become.

Butterflies also symbolize joy, warmth, faith, celebration, freedom, naturalness, purity and transformation. I think that symbolizes my grand daughters as well!


Beautiful Butterfly by Leada Wood©2014
 




No comments: