Thursday, January 9, 2014

Harvest Moon, by Leada Wood, Texas Artist

Harvest Moon by Leada Wood, Day 9 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. Yep I'm still painting! I sure am glad I took Leslie's advise and made a file of photo references that I might like to paint before the challenge began. It would be getting hard to go though all those files and make those decisions right now. When I am not painting I'm sketching to get ready for the next painting. Whew! It is a challenge! Even though I do something related to art everyday normally, this is different. Besides painting and sketching, I am writing about it and posting on 3 blogs and Facebook. It is a good thing to confront yourself occasionally so that you can see if you can complete the challenge. Only 21 more days!

Harvest Moon is an acrylic collage on canvas board. I used one of my citra solv papers I made from National Geographic pages for the background and then painted on top of that. Thanks for looking!


"Harvest Moon" by Leada Wood copyright 2014

4 comments:

Sandy Sandy Art said...

Nice cat painting! Not sure I understand how you did it, but very unusual and cool background!

Leada Wood said...

Thanks Sandy!

Unknown said...

That moon is amazing. I love this one!

Leada Wood said...

Thanks Sandy and Lillian! I am enjoying your work as well. I hope we can make it to the finish line!