Monday, January 13, 2014

Fortune Cookie by Leada Wood, Texas Artist

Day 13 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge nearly halfway there.i had a little Asian series going with GIrl With The Golden Fan, Yin and Yang, and now Fortune Cookie. They are all 6x6 mixed media collage sure would make some one a cute grouping. There is a plan for a fourth one to be added. I just love making Asian mixed media collage.

If you have never painted a fortune cookie why don't you get you one and give it a try. I thought oh yeah that will be quick and easy! WRONG! For such a simple little subject matter it was tough! I think you should try it you will be amazed how difficult it is, especially one with crack showing around the edge. If I had thick bodied paints and palette knives it would have mad the job simpler I think. I may have to try it again like that just to see. It was fun to paint just surprising at how challenging it was.


Fortune Cookie by Leada Wood copyright 2014

3 comments:

Linda Rupard said...

You are working it girl. Is the writing Asian paper or did you just use English words? Would make an interesting group together. Hope someone goes for them as a group. Good job.
Linda

SamDoum said...

You asian collection is so neat! Love the theme that you have going.

Leada Wood said...

Thanks Sam! I am enjoying the challenge!