Saturday, January 18, 2014

Moon Lantern, by Leada Wood, Texas Artist

Day 18 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. I still painting every day but today I noticed my right hand was beginning to hurt. Painful...it hurt all day. I hope it's not tendonitis setting in. There are pitfalls of being a painter. Seclusion, tendonitis, neck ache back aches, writing on 4 blogs is quiet a challenge in itself! And posting on Face Book...oh my! It has been a very busy month! That is just when you can squeeze it in between the other jobs and life. I have been staying up way too late getting the business of art completed but that's ok because it's my life and I enjoy it...it's who I am.

This year, the year of the horse, the lunar new year will begin with the new moon on January 31st. The Chinese New Year is a fifteen day event, now that's a celebration! Chinese lanterns play a big part in the celebration especially red lanterns as red is a lucky color.  People will write their wishes and desires on their lanterns and then pray for them to come true. The lantern festival officially ends the new year celebration and commences the next new moon after the celebrations beginning.

I hope you are enjoying following my Asian series as I find their culture very fascinating. They have been around for thousands of years and have invented many things .Their culture is quite evolved in music, dance, theater and art. I hope you will check back tomorrow as I will have another surprise  for you!


Moon Lantern by Leada Wood ©2014

No comments: