Saturday, January 4, 2014

There's A Song In The Air by Leada Wood, Texas Artist

Day 4 of Leslie Saeta's 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.
 
"There's A Song In The Air" is a 8x8 mixed media collage on paper using liquid acrylics. A mixed media collage is where you use found papers, paint, transparencies, image transfers and whatever else you want and layer them, making  them cohesive enough to make a painting. A mixture of various techniques goes into each one. I do enjoy doing these as they are creatively challenging, kind of like a puzzle.
 

 
"There's A Song In The Air" by Leada Wood ©2014

5 comments:

Pattie Wall said...

Hi Leada - glad to see you on 30 in 30. This little bird painting is so colorful and gives that feeling of 'song'. I love the success you achieved with the mixed media that was used. Terrific!

itsamistry said...

This is wonderful I love the colours and the composition.

Joan Princing Art said...

I LOVE this! It definitely caught my eye out of all the paintings posted at Leslie's site!!

Great Job!!

Leada Wood said...

Thanks for your kind comments. This is my first time doing the challenge , very exciting!

Joan Princing Art said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful suggestion of what to call my painting! I love your suggestion of "Autumn Glow" and would love to use it!

Have fun with the rest of the challenge. This is my second time participating in Leslie's challenges.

I am now one of your newest followers.

If you would like, please follow me back :)