Wednesday, July 3, 2019

“Paper Pears” by Leada Wood, Texas Artist



"Paper Pears" ©2019 Leada Wood

It's always fun as an artist figuring out how to push the envelope and bend the rules a little. Being an experimental artist makes it more of a challenge! I belong to the West Texas Watercolor Society and they have their prospectus, that I try as I might to abide by when entering their shows. But it isn't easy...as I paint intuitively and things get stuck on there that are laying around my work area just because it pleases me.  Therefore my work doesn't always comply with the rules and I can't enter...but this time I was mindful and hopefully I have met the criteria.  Any how...there are no found papers, no printed papers, only ones I have painted and that's the way I came up with the name, Paper Pears. 

No comments: