Friday, June 28, 2019

Pen Pal Swap by Leada Wood, Texas Artist





Maybe you have heard giddy squeals of laughter in the air...it's the sound of artists getting art mail.
What fun to have art pen pals! Kelly Hoernig arranged for a group of her students to have an art swap in which we send an envelope full of ephemera to our pen pals each month.






But there is a catch! The swap is intended to inspire you to create art with the new materials and not just hoard them.





I have received lovely papers and I am so excited to try them in some new ways! I have had fun so far just looking at them and arranging them in various fashions and letting my imagination run free. Thank you Kelly for always inspiring me and challenging me to come up with something creative and fun!


1 comment:

Kelly Hoernig said...

I am thrilled that you are joining the swap. Such an exciting time receiving new things in the mail and finding creative ways to use them. Can't wait to see what you do with your treasures!