Monday, December 30, 2019

Furry Friends by Leada Wood


All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful, the Lord God made them all. Nature inspires me both in life and in art, but life is an art if lived well.

As the end of another decade comes to a close and a new one begins, I feel very grateful for all the wonderful things I have experienced, the beautiful people in my life that I love and most of all the life I have been given. I am thankful for the gift of creativity and strive to use it in all areas of my life, to bring more beauty into the world. What a wonderful world indeed it would be if everyone chose to be a little kinder and use the talents they have to enrich our own lives and the lives of others. To let our light shine in the darkness and light other candles along the, yes it would be a better world indeed.

Here are a few of my favorite furry friends painted  in watercolors. I have so much fun painting critters. I have been fascinated with animals since I was a child. We always had birds, cats, rabbits or turtles around, might of had more but we lived in town. Now that We live on the ranch we have llamas, cows, sheep , five cats, one dog, raccoons and birds. The wild rabbits hang around and mr Roadrunner and his family, a family of fox come and go and an occasional Peacock wanders through when he escapes the neighbors and is a free bird for a while. Now you see with all this inspiration all around me why I enjoy painting them!



























No comments: