Saturday, December 28, 2019

Mixed Media Collages by Leada Wood





I enjoy doing mixed media, it transports me to my happy place. Arranging papers, photos and ephemera to create a meaningful piece of art. Something about this photo of this little girl reminds me of myself. I used found objects to create a fall composition around the painting. Hearts are meaningful to me as they represent love. Love for God, love for family, love of nature love of animals. When I see feathers I always pick them up. They remind me of the angels watching over me and I am grateful for their protection and love.





This mixed media collage represents my mama and me. Yellow was her favorite color and she loved butterflies, birds, flowers and gardening. There were  always flowers blooming in her yard.  She also loved autumn as do I...I guess the acorn didn’t fall far from the tree after all.





This mixed media collage represents my daddy and me. He was an Horologist and could fix anything! He was also a musician and could play a lot of musical instruments and tinkered with cars. the gears and clock represent him as he made his living fixing watches, clocks and jewelry. He had more patience than anyone I’ve ever known. You can see my mom is represented in the background by the yellow butterfly. These paintings are intuitive and evolved as I go. It’s like a adventure that I discover and I never know how it will turn out.








No comments: