Saturday, December 28, 2019

Van Gogh, by Leada Wood





For goodness sakes...it is me again! I hope you are enjoying seeing some of the things I have created this year and I will try to keep up next year!





We took the four oldest granddaughters to Houston to see the Van Gogh exhibit. Among other things we also went to a Renaissance Faire. A great celebration for two of the girls birthdays!



I was so moved by the exhibition. Van Gogh was a prolific painter. He painted everyday objects from his life including his hat, pipe and shoes. Very touching to see ordinary things made extraordinary by the brush of a genius. He only sold one painting in his short lifetime.




Here is my little painting of his shoes.



It was a wonderful exhibition and included his drawings, sketchbooks and tools as well as paintings. 

No comments: