Saturday, December 2, 2023

A Time For Celebrations by Leada Wood

When I think of Christmas my heart turns to family and friends, a time to celebrate and enjoy the festivities of the season. The ritual of sharing time and traditions with those you love. Whether it’s watching Christmas movies, decorating the house, making cookies or crafting, you are creating timeless memories. Christmas is the celebration of love, joy and hope that began long ago in a manger in Bethlehem.





“Nutcracker”
Copyright Leada Wood
Watercolor


I have collected Nutcrackers since the first time I took my daughter to see the ballet. Something about their whimsical faces stir up memories of Sugar Plum Fairies, Clara, and the Mouse King. 
The classic ballet music score was created by Tchaikovsky in 1894 and still beloved today at Christmas .
 I have had the pleasure of seeing it with most of my granddaughters. 




“Hot Cocoa”
Copyright Leada Wood
Watercolor

Nothing warms you up like a warm cup of cocoa on a cold winter’s evening.



“Sugar Cookies”
Copyright Leada Wood
Watercolor




“Gingerbread”
copyright Leada Wood
Watercolor

“What sweet music can we bring, than a carol for to sing, the birth of this our heavenly King? Awake the voice! Awake the string! Heart, ear, eye, and everything.
- Robert Herrick

1 comment:

Linda Rupard said...

So cute m y favorite is gingwebread reminds me of Campbell soup babies. Good job Leada.Blog looks good.