Friday, December 1, 2023

Hello December! By Leada Wood

This day is a gift! Do not waste a single moment. Notice the color of the sky, watch a bird, notice the wind in the trees, connect with your friends and loved ones…so much to be thankful for.  Pay attention to the transformation that is taking place, Winter is upon us and long cozy nights. Be sure to practice kindness and spread good cheer during the Christmas season and all year long!



“Winter Treat”
Copyright Leada Wood
Watercolor

“Until you spread your wings you have no idea how far you can fly.”



“Snow Daze”
Copyright by Leada Wood
Watercolor

“December Moon makes me swoon,
Lighting up the night across the land.
Stopping in my mind, the days gone by.
Reaching across time for generations.
Gazing at the skies remembering…
we are all part of God’s plan”
-Leada Wood





“Lone Wolf”
Copyright Leada Wood
Mixed Media



“Spirit Of Christmas”
Copyright Leada Wood
Watercolor
This is the first Christmas painting I did in 1997, that started my collection.



 I started doing paintings for Christmas in 1997, right before my Daddy passed away. It brought me great comfort then and still does. My Daddy and Mama loved Christmas! Our home was cheerfully decorated and had fragrant holiday smells wafting from the kitchen. My parents did Christmas well. The love in their hearts overflowed even more during the holidays.  I can still hear my Daddy strumming his guitar as we gathered to sing Christmas carols. It was a time for family, friends, church and holiday cheer. It still is today as I paint memories of Christmas.


I have passed on my family traditions to my children, and grandchildren whom I consider to be my greatest creations. I hope that they will always keep the Spirit of Christmas alive in their hearts. Not just at Christmas but all year. And will think of me fondly with love…especially at Christmas.


Wishing you and yours a blessed holiday season as you celebrate with your loved ones. I hope you enjoy seeing my paintings as I post them through the month of December. 

                                                                                       

                                                                                                                        

                                                                                






 
  

2 comments:

Linda Rupard said...

Love it. Merry Christmas to you & family. Love your family traditions. Beautiful artwork too. I’m expecting some Gomes also.. Looking forward to Christmas paintings all month.

Christena said...

Love that you love Christmas! Love the fox painting.