Thursday, December 7, 2023

Sleigh Bells Ring by Leada Wood

Santa seems out of vogue in some circles these days. Kind of sad really…not the reason we celebrate Christmas, but ohhh the childhood magic it brings to mind. Around my house growing up he was very popular and made my brothers and I on our very best behavior…just the mention of his name got our attention! Believing in Santa was just plain fun. I was not damaged when I found out that he wasn’t real, just a little wistful that he wasn’t, and somehow that chapter of my childhood had reached an end. Although he was a spirit of imagination he sure gave a lot of sparkle to the Holiday season. I still enjoy painting the jolly old elf today and seeing the sparkle of wonder in a little one’s eyes when he is mentioned. 
Sleigh bells ring…are ya listening?
 
 


Jolly St Nick
Copyright Leada Wood 
Acrylic




Red Raider Santa
Copyright Leada Wood
Watercolor




Kris Kringle
Copyright Leada Wood
Watercolor

“…and it was always said of him, that he knew how to keep Christmas well, if any man alive possessed the knowledge. May that be truly said of us, and all of us!”
—from a Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens

There is not just a “season” of hope, or a “season” of joy or a “season” of giving but these qualities should be a part of us all year long…not just at Christmas. May we all keep Christmas well…every day!

No comments: